In 1942, Cobb County first began to feel the impact of the expansion caused by the war boom. Educational facilities were then expanded. The first school to be constructed in Cobb County under the new building program was Campbell High School.
The Cobb County Board of Education purchased 29.66 acres of land from the heirs of Richard Orme Campbell who was formerly an out standing citizen of Cobb County and a business leader in Atlanta. It was agreed that the name of the new high school would be Orme Campbell High School.
Fitzhugh Lee and Smyrna High Schools were then consolidated. The first classes in the new building were held in March of 1952 with only the eighth grade students attending. The following September an enrollment of 557 students of eighth through twelfth grades were admitted.
When the bell rang In May of 1997 the school began another transformation. Campbell High as we knew it was no more. In its place was the renamed Campbell Middle School. We will miss the High School days, but the gate has been opened to new horizons.
School Emblem - Panther
School Colors - Green and White.